The American Institute of Architects (AIA) is recognizing five projects with its Regional & Urban Design Awards.
The award recognizes the best in urban design, regional and city planning, and community development. The five-member jury evaluates each submission based on how well the design addresses environmental, social, and economic issues through sustainable strategies. This includes collecting and distributing resident renewable resources and energies while enhancing quality of life and promoting social equity.
This year’s recipients are:
- Completing the Loop, Pittsburgh | evolve environment :: architecture
- East End Transformation, St. Louis | KieranTimberlake, Tao+Lee Associates, BNIM
- Railyard Park, Rogers, Ark. | Ross Barney Architects, AFHJ Architecture/Planning
- Thaden School Master Plan, Bentonville, Ark. | Eskew Dumez Ripple with Marlon Blackwell Architects and Andropogon Associates, Ltd.
- Van Leesten Memorial Bridge, Providence, R.I. | INFORM Studio
Visit AIA’s website for more information on the Regional and Urban Design award program.