The Fabricators & Manufacturers Association, International (FMA) has announced the 2012 FMA/CNA Safety Award winners. Open to all FMA and Tube & Pipe International (TPA) company members, the program recognizes metal fabrication companies that have a commitment to excellence in safety. Award winners are determined by the FMA Safety Council and the awards are sponsored by CNA Insurance Group.
Companies receiving the 2012 Safety Award of Honor are:
- ADM- Mechanical, Decatur, Ill.
- Big J Enterprises, Albuquerque, N.M.
- JMC Steel Group – (Two facilities – Blytheville, Ark. and Sharon, Penn.)
- Main Steel Polishing Co., Inc. – (Three facilities – Tinton Falls, N.J., Commerce, Calif., and Schiller Park, Ill.)
- Nisshin Automotive Tubing LLC, Versailles, Ky.
- Nova Group, Inc., Napa, Calif.
- Olympic Steel – (Three facilities – Bedford Heights, Ohio, Mt. Sterling, Ky., and Dover, Ohio)
- Welfab, Inc., North Billerica, Maine
- Material Fabricators, Inc., Buellton, Calif.
Companies receiving the 2012 Safety Award of Merit are:
- AK Tube LLC, Columbus, Ind.
- AK Tube LLC, Walbridge, Ohio
- Anderson & Dahlen, Inc., Ramsey, Minn.
- JMC Steel Group (four facilities – Chicago – Structural, Chicago – Pipe, Harrow, Ontario and Plymouth, Mich.)
- BTD Manufacturing, Detroit Lakes, Minn.
- Genzink Steel, Holland, Mich.
- GH Metal Solutions, Fort Payne, Ala.
- J. L. Clark, Rockford, Ill.
- McAlpin Industries, Rochester, N.Y.
- Olympic Steel (Three facilities – Bedford Heights, Ohio, Milford, Conn., and Schaumburg, Ill.)
- Tampa Tank, Inc. – Florida Structural Steel, Tampa, Fla.
The 2012 Most Improved Safety Record was awarded to JMC Steel Group, Plymouth, Mich., for being the Safety Awards winner with the greatest percentage of improvement over the prior year.