The Metal Building Manufacturers Association (MBMA) celebrated the achievements and efforts of its member firms during an awards ceremony held at the 2022 MBMA Annual Meeting in Fort Myers, Florida.
A Remarkable Display of Industry Leadership
Thirteen companies earned the Industry Advocate Award, for extraordinary efforts that enhance MBMA initiatives.
- Gold awards: Bay Insulation Systems, S-5! Attachment Solutions and Silvercote, LLC
- Silver awards: ABIS, Inc., Expi-Door Systems Inc., Konecranes, Metallic Products Corp., Sherwin-Williams Co. and Therm-All Inc.
- Bronze awards: AkzoNobel Coatings Inc., Preferred Solutions Inc., Triangle Fastener Corp. and Wurth Construction Services
Nine companies received a Volunteerism Award, for exceptional activities to advance the efforts of MBMA and the entire metal building systems industry.
- Gold awards: Behlen Building Systems and BlueScope Buildings North America, Inc.
- Silver awards: Nucor Building Systems, Schulte Building Systems Inc. and Chief Buildings
- Bronze awards: Cornerstone Building Brands, Tyler Building Systems LP, Sunward Steel Buildings and Vulcan Steel Structures Inc.
Gies Receives Prestigious Innovation Award
Additionally, Mark Gies, director of project management at S-5! Attachment Solutions, was presented with the 2022 MBMA Innovation Award for his proposal to advance solar panel use through improved installation strategies.
“MBMA owes a huge thanks to all those who volunteer their time and promote the industry,” says Tony Bouquot, MBMA general manager. “It’s also a pleasure to give the 2022 Innovation Award to Mark Gies for his plan to get more solar onto the long-lasting metal roofs our members produce. Congratulations to all of our winners!”