Auburn Hills, Mich.-based Guardian Glass honored six projects at its annual awards dinner held in conjunction with the Building Envelope Contractors (BEC) Conference in Nashville, Tenn., in March.
Rick Zoulek, vice president at Guardian Glass, said, “Last night was about recognizing projects that use Guardian SunGuard coated glass and the glaziers and fabricators who helped bring those buildings to life. These projects and their facade design showcase why glass is a preferred building material in commercial construction. We thank the glaziers and fabricators for their commitment to excellence and ongoing partnership. Congratulations to all the nominees for their hard work and dedication to our SunGuard program. We look forward to working together in this new decade.”
The winning projects are:
Small (less than 10,000 square feet of glazing): The Union at Easton Park, Austin, Texas
- Glazier: Floyd’s Glass
- Fabricator: TriStar Glass
- Architect: Gensler
- Product: Guardian SunGuard SNX 51/23 coating on clear glass
Medium (10,000-49,999 square feet of glazing): USC Student Health Center, Columbia, S.C.
- Glazier: Graham-Hodge Associates
- Fabricator: Trulite Atlanta
- Architect: Quackenbush Architects + Planners
- Product: Guardian SunGuard SNX 62/27 coating on clear glass
Large (50,000-99,999 square feet of glazing): Anna Shaw Children’s Institute, Dalton, Ga.
- Glazier: Gardner Glass
- Fabricator: Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope – Covington
- Architect: Earl Swensson Associates
- Product: Guardian SunGuard SNX 62/27 coating on clear and green glass
Large (50,000-99,999 square feet of glazing): Ellipse Luxury Apartments, Jersey City, N.J.
- Glazier and Fabricator: BV Glazing Systems
- Architect: Arquitectonica
- Product: Guardian SunGuard AG 50 coating on clear glass
Extra Large (100,000-199,999 square feet of glazing): Conrad Washington D.C. Hotel, Washington, D.C.
- Glazier: TSI Exterior Wall Systems
- Fabricator: Cristacurva
- Architect: Herzog & De Meuron
- Product: Guardian SunGuard AG 43 coating on UltraClear glass
Monumental (greater than 200,000 square feet of glazing): Southport Office Complex, Renton, Wash.
- Glazier: Walters & Wolf
- Fabricator: Vitrum Glass Group
- Architect: Zimmer Gunsul Frasca – Seattle
- Product: Guardian SunGuard SNX 62/27 on clear glass